The BEI 261 is the same as the BEI 251 but with an eddy current brake fitted. Designed for intensive use, options include uprated cooling and extraction fans to keep the engine and the brake at the correct temperature and to remove exhaust gases from the test area. The eddy current brake is supplied as standard with a torque-cell module to measure power while using the brake and allow closed loop control of the brake. Because of this it is very quick to respond and is very stable. It is possible to make a complete map for a bike within a relatively short time. This wouldn't be possible with a system that has a very slow reacting brake as some competitors have. A quick and stable rpm stabilising system is crucial for mapping, because if the test takes too long, the bike gets overheated and then you cannot produce an accurate map.
You can use a Fuchs dyno in conjunction with any aftermarket injection tuning product to optimise fuelling at any throttle position or rpm all while seeing real-time horsepower, torque and air / fuel ratio figures.
1. Step tests, loaded sweep tests, and road simulations
2. Simulate effects of wind resistance, hills etc.
3. Air/fuel mapping
4. Fuel injection tuning
5. Carburettor tuning
6. Fault diagnosis
7. Multiple gear tests
8. Response tests
9. Multiple comparisons
10. Acceleration tests
1. Eddy Current brake with torque cell to measure power
2. Comprehensive, powerful software - step & sweep tests
3. Protective housing for P.C. and printer. Screen positioned close to the operator sitting on motorcycle.
4. Articulated shelf for keyboard & mouse.
5. Cooling fan outlets for engine & exhaust pipes.
6. Integral extraction fan and magnetic intake hoses. Extraction fan rated at 1900 m³/hr
7. Automatic wheel clamp, which together with the roller allows frame alignment check
8. Integral folding access ramp, which doubles as safety barrier (CE)
9. Cooling fan outlet for rear tyre, motorcycle brake and silencers. Delivery: 2200 m³/hr
10. Wheel speed sensor.
11. Roller speed sensor.
12. Safety barriers (CE) with Perspex screens
13. Roller Brake (CE specifications)
14. Cover plates for exhaust extraction inlets
15. Integral folding access ramp, which doubles as safety barrier (CE)
16. Non-slip chrome roller with grove (for alignment check) and safety brake.
17. Electric starter control (optional).
18. Monobloc chassis in 3mm steel with chequer plate deck
19. Motorcycle databank with engine & transmission parameters
The cooling fan outlets channel cool air directly at the engine & exhaust pipes (and around the front wheel). Identical cooling and dynamic pressure on all BEI test benches: enables exact consistency of curves and test results between all BEI benches.
Automatic SAFE Wheelclamp system as standard to secure the motorcycle: Takes one person & 5 seconds to load the bike in total safety. Extremely rigid front wheel clamp (with 3 contact points instead of 2 as on conventional systems). Complete support without any straps: allows wheel/frame alignment check. Other features such as air/fuel analysis, eddy current brake and gas analysis can be added as required.
The standard unit includes exhaust gas extraction fan, rear tyre cooling fan, 2 engine cooling fans, CE guards, ramp, pneumatic automatic wheel clamp (no straps required, 1 person loading), cooling and extraction fans are all housed within the chassis, allowing for simple, clean looking installation. We can also supply the PC and install the dyno and train your staff on site which means you can be earning money right away.
Windows software: Curves for power & torque: overlay crankshaft, gearbox and rear wheel curves corrected for DIN, ISO or CE95. Comparison of up to 6 different graphs.
DISPLAY OPTIONS FOR TEST RESULTS
Rear wheel, gearbox, and crankshaft.
Hp & Kgm; KW & Nm; force in Kg or N.
Curves in relation to
RPM, Km/h or MPH, time, distance.
DIN, ISO, EC, or gross (no correction)
COMPREHENSIVE range of STANDARD FEATURES
Forced air cooling for engine and exhausts - Powerful specially designed cooling fans cool the engine and exhaust pipes providing a carefully controlled test environment for accurate, repeatable results. Integral exhaust extraction system - a powerful extraction fan designed for dyno work is integrated within the chassis together with magnetic extraction intakes which fix to the safety ramp for a neat, efficient system - essential for safe testing.
Rear wheel cooling - An additional integral cooling fan for the rear tyre, brake and silencers allows intensive testing without overheating.
Automatic pneumatic wheel clamp - No straps are used to hold the motorcycle, one person can load and unload a bike quickly and safely. The bike's rear tyre is not subjected to abnormal stresses. This allows the following tests to be performed:
¨ Detection of play in steering head and swing arm bearings.
¨ Confirmation of front and rear suspension operation, damping and condition.
¨ Dynamic wheel and frame alignment test.
¨ Transmission and chain check.
COMPREHENSIVE range of OPTIONAL FEATURES
Air / fuel meter ("lambda sensor") – gives a fast indication of the mixture status. Fuchs software can display the air/fuel ratio on the power curve printout. Can be used with "OptiMap" automatic tuning software for RapidBike modules.
Integrated 4-Gas Analyser – a must for accurate fuel injection tuning and fault diagnosis. Air/fuel meters can tell you if you have an overall rich or lean mixture, but not why. Gas analysis can indicate ignition or other combustion problems that will not be shown by an air fuel meter, saving you time on that tricky engine.
Modular sensor unit – enable integration of up to 16 external sensors.
PLEASE CALL FOR FULL SALES PACK